Where can I donate my 78rpm discs?

A few specialized archives and libraries collect historical recordings such as 78rpm discs and cylinders to help preserve our recorded heritage, and most build their collections through donations. Keep in mind that archives may already have large collections, and donations are often accepted selectively to fill in gaps.

For information about making a donation of recordings to the University of California, Santa Barbara, please contact the collection’s curator, David Seubert, at seubert@library.ucsb.edu. An inventory will help the curator evaluate the collection, but contact us before making one to ensure that the inventory has the information needed to make an evaluation. If we are unable to accept your collection, we can refer you to other institutions or dealers.